The Japanese Literature Challenge is now in its fourteenth year. It runs from January, 2021 through March, 2021. All that is required is that we read a book translated from the Japanese and share our thoughts on it via our own blog and/or social media using #JapaneseLitChallenge14.
If you choose to do so, you can link your reviews to the official review site here.
My personal plan is to read, and review, the following books:
- Breasts and Eggs by Meiko Kawakami
- The Wild Geese by Ogai Mori
- Klara and The Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro (published March 2, 2021)
- The Phonebooth at the Edge of the World by Laura Imai Messina (published March 9, 2021)
- First Person Singular by Haruki Murakami (published April 6, 2021)
- Lady Joker by Kaoru Takamura (published April 13, 2021)