This time, I plan to complete Cathy’s challenge: read 20 books from June 1, 2020 until September 1, 2020. It’s called 20 Books of Summer, and I can’t think of anything nicer to do during those hot months than sit with a book and a cool drink. Especially as I strongly suspect that Centennial Beach, my favorite swimming hole, will be closed due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
So, which 20 books from my shelves shall I read? We are allowed to change the titles, and even change the number (from 20, to 15, to 10), but I like to set a high goal and accomplish it. These titles are included in my list of twenty read before summer’s end. Surely, there will be time to do it.
- Earthlings by Sayaka Murata
- Breasts and Eggs by Mieko Kawakami
- A Man by Keiichiro Hirano
- Shadow Garden the by Alexandra Burt
- The Wind In The Willows by Kenneth Graham
- What The Wind Knows by Amy Harmon
- Hidden Salem by Kay Hooper
- Snow, Dog, Foot by Claudio Morandini
- Three Apples Fell From The Sky by Narine Abgaryan
- My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing
- Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel
- The Gentlemen’s Hour by Don Winslow
- The Kings of Cool by Don Winslow
- Savages by Don Winslow
- Satori by Don Winslow
- Broken by Don Winslow
- The Dawn Patrol by Don Winslow
- The Life and Death of Bobby Z by Don Winslow
- Fall by Neal Stephenson
- Speaks the Nightbird by Robert McGammon
(The Moment of Tenderness by Madeleine L’Engle)
There you have it, a nice blend of translated literature, thrillers, contemporary fiction, and what our library has of my new passion for Don Winslow.
What do you have planned for your summer reading?