I could hardly sleep last night, for the anticipation of the Man Booker long list which was to be released today. Here it is before noon, and I have five of the titles from our local library and two of them downloaded on my kindle.
The list of thirteen books is as follows (in random order, of course):
- My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- Hystopia by David Means
- Eileen by Otessa Moshfegh
- The North Water by Ian McGuire
- Work Like Any Other by Virginia Reeves
- Serious Sweet by A. L. Kennedy
- The Sellout by Paul Beatty
- Hot Milk by Deborah Levy
- His Bloody Project by Graeme Burnet
- The Many by Wyl Menmuir
- All That Man Is by David Szalay
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien
- The Schooldays of Jesus by J. M. Coetzee
I am happily joining Frances, Rebecca, Teresa and Nicole in the (Wo)Man Booker Shadow Jury as we read, review and discuss each title until the winner is announced on October 25. Until then, you will find our thoughts on our respective blogs throughout the next few months.
Have you read any of these titles? Do you have a favorite (or two)?
(You can follow our tweets at #ShadowWoManBooker)